Friday 28 April 2017

Looks like Fiction Friday has gone monthly

Well, it looks like Fiction Friday has gone monthly. Prepare for a big post.

All four star reads unless marked otherwise.

New Status Needed by Annabeth Albert. Cute catch up with Adrian and Noah from Status Update as they cope with one of the milestones they mentioned in the original book. Oh, and did I mention it is free :)

Beta Test (#gaymers #2)by Annabeth Albert. Opposites attract. Slow burn. Road trip. Multicultural. Interracial. Do I need anymore reasons to give this 5 stars? Written by Annabeth Albert. Nuff said.

The Art of Mutual Pleasure by K.A. Merikan. If you're expecting hearts and flowers you've come to the wrong authors. The title says it all, and Benjamin gets pleasured over and over and over again.
Heed the warnings, they are not there to make up the word count ;)

Death Goes Overboard (A Detective Heath Barrington Mystery #2) by David S. Pederson. I hadn't read the first in the series but this didn't affect my enjoyment at all. I enjoyed this as a historical mystery with gay characters. I wasn't sold on the romance though. N.B. This is a Bold Strokes book and their e-books are really expensive, if you can grab this one in a sale I'd do that. I'm certainly going to look out for the first book that way.

Threshold (Whyborne & Griffin #2) by Jordan L. Hawk. Exciting, horrific entertainment. I adore these two and their second adventure was as heart-stopping as their first. 5 stars.

The Return of the Earl by Sandra Schwab. New to me author. Mostly an m/f writer., this is only their second m/m book. Firstly, the cover is awful. But the book, I enjoyed. Historical, for those of you where that will make a difference. I'd have liked alternate POV in order to get some idea of the true Bryn (Con's opinion was tainted by his mood).

At Your Service (At Your Service #1) by Ariel Tachna. That the author is invested both in Paris and publishing shined through in this novel. This is a story of second chances where everyone (including the reader) had to work for happiness all round but that made it all the more satisfying when it came.

A-Viking by Kiernan Kelly. Suspend your disbelief and fall into this cute and genuinely funny story.

Baked Fresh (Portland Heat #2) by Annabeth Albert. Change of pace from the first book. Both guys were damaged in their own way with serious self-image issues.

Take This Man (anthology). To celebrate gay marriage. A 3 star read over all but worth inclusion here for this story alone. Ink Stained by Krista Merle. Historical. I could happily read a whole book about these guys. I stalked the author for any more work. There isn't any :(

Keep Me Still by Stephen Hoppa. My surprise read of the month. I honestly didn't think I'd enjoy this as much as I did. For some reason I thought this would be a generic shifter story. Why? I don't know, It's not even a shifter story *facepalm* Recommended.

Frostbite by Alexandria Bellefleur. Short (under an hour) fairy tale of the type LT3 do so well. Adorable. And LT3 have 30% off for the next couple of days. Recommended, especially at that price.

Phew, told you that would be a long list. And that doesn't even include the comics I've read.

2 comments:

  1. HA HA the comics you've read :D I'm still amazed that you're doing this :D Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read about ten graphic novels this month too :D
      I like to spread the love when I've read something good. If I can get someone a bit of visibility then that's all good.

      Delete