Monday 5 February 2018

What's happening in the writing cave

It’s been a while since I did a round-up of what I’m planning and the start (ish) of the year is as good a time as any.

Let’s recap on last year first. I had four releases, three new and one re-release.

Renaissance was released in April
Just Hanging Out was released in June
Calamine & Christmas Cake was released in December
And Lesson Learned was re-released in August

Not bad for someone who only writes part time, and slowly.


This year I’ve got off to a slow start, the mad rush to get Calamine & Christmas Cake out in time for a Christmas release and several beta reading projects taking its toll. Plus I find I can get sucked into reading and dragging myself away from my TBR to produce something to add to someone else’s can be hard.

This year I plan to finish a manuscript that’s been hanging about in one form or another for nearly a decade. Under the Radar is set in a submarine during WW2 and I started revisions last week. It’s a slow process but I’m definitely going to get it to the stage where I can send it out for submission.

The other story I definitely want to write this year is Village Love #3. This will be Trevor’s story, there was a hint at the end of Renaissance as to where Trevor’s love life was heading and some strong hints of his past relationship and both of these will hopefully be explored more thoroughly in his own story. I say hopefully because I’m a pantser and I’m never quite certain what might happen. I’m looking at starting that about April with hopefully a September/October release date.

Barefoot, my story from the Taste of Honey, will be re-released this year. It’s more or less ready to go if you don’t want smut but I’m being goaded by one of my beta readers to stop teasing and put my money where my mouth is, or something similar. I certainly want to revisit these guys for Christmas this year, so I may save the smut for then.

As for anything else, well that would be a bonus. I’m currently collating all my scrappy notes in various notebooks into one large ideas notebook so that I can find everything easily. The effort writing these notes longhand is making these ideas start to take root in my mind again, so who knows whether one of these may germinate into my next manuscript.


No comments:

Post a Comment