Monday 23 April 2018

Release Day - Murder Takes the High Road

I've been picking up books to review (under my alter-ego) on Netgalley, but most of the big names in the genre don't pick me because I don't run a book blog under my other name, and while I will post reviews here, they aren't connected to my Netgalley account. One of the publishers that regularly passes me over is Carina Press, but I keep trying. I had no doubt the same would happen again when I requested this book, so when Carina agreed, I was so excited I almost peed my pants. It must have been fate (and a glitch because they are still refusing my requests). But if this is the only book I ever get from them I'll be more than happy.

So, disclaimer: I got this book as an ARC from Netgalley for review (although I was under no obligation to review it here in my author persona).


Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon
Published by Carina Press
Release date 23rd April 2018

Buy Links

Amazon // Barnes and Noble // iBooks // Kobo 

Add to Goodreads



Blurb

Librarian Carter Matheson is determined to enjoy himself on a Scottish bus tour for fans of mystery author Dame Vanessa Rayburn. Sure, his ex, Trevor, will also be on the trip with his new boyfriend, leaving Carter to share a room with a stranger, but he can't pass up a chance to meet his favorite author.

Carter's roommate turns out to be John Knight, a figure as mysterious as any character from Vanessa's books. His strange affect and nighttime wanderings make Carter suspicious. When a fellow traveler's death sparks rumors of foul play, Carter is left wondering if there's anyone on the tour he can trust.





My two pennies worth

Josh Lanyon does it again with another 5 star read for me. Cosy mystery meets fish out of water/stranger in a strange land.
A librarian, on a book tour to meet a murder writer, gets embroiled in murders. And solves the mystery with...books!
Well written and plotted, this book reminds me of a modern Christie, a la Murder on the Orient Express or Death on the Nile, albeit with a much less glamorous mode of transport. The romance is slow burn and the two leads are really endearing. I love Lanyon's laid back approach to the romance. 
Overall this book has humour, mystery, romance, and fun. 

What more could you want? An audiobook?

Oh, there's one of those too. Find it here at Audible. And that's my next stop, to buy the audio and visit Scotland again.





No comments:

Post a Comment