Friday 1 July 2016

Fiction Friday

Gosh I've been awful remiss with these posts of late. I've not posted since a reading post since 20th May.  And d'you know what, I haven't even got a huge amount to show for the last six weeks. I've done some beta reading, and I'm currently reading a book for research, plus my lunchtime reading is a non m/m historical mystery, A Wicked Deed, which I've been devouring rather than taking my Kindle to work.

According to Goodreads I've read 11 books, That's poor. And most of them aren't good enough to share with you.

But what would I recommend to my friends?

Let's start with a strange one. The Soulframer: All's fair in love and art by Alex Hawk. - The writing style was quirky to the extent that I couldn't tell if it was good or not but I loved the tale it told.

Next isn't even a book. It's a comic. Deadpool: X Marks the Spot (Deadpool Vol. II #3) - My favourite arc of the 2008 run so far. Deadpool as a pirate!

Back to more regular reads and I've had this one on my Kindle for years. Cowboys Down by Barbara Elsborg. Cowboys. Did you see that in the title? Cowboys, Nuff said.

Ghost's Sight  (Ghost's Sight #1) by Morwen Navarre. This one is a free read that was being given away by the publisher at least a year ago. Makes you wonder about the impact of these free giveaways. Although in this respect I'm interested in buying the next book in the series, so maybe it was a successful exercise. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this fantasy-style short story.

And finally, Home Is Where You Are (Alphas' Homestead, #1) by Alex Jane. I helped as a beta on this story so I might be sort of biased but come on, historical western with werewolves. How is that for a debut novel. Yes I did say western, so that's cowboys, right? Seriously though, from the glorious cover to the western setting this book tells a tale of not one but two broken men. One physically and one emotionally.

Okay, that's enough for now. I'm currently reading Not Quite Shakespeare which will tick several authors off my UK Meet challenge and I'll update you on that and how the challenge is going next time.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm Western with Werewolves...that sounds interesting... May have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete