Saturday 7 July 2018

Audio Review - Slow Heat by Leta Blake

Captionless Image


Slow Heat by Leta Blake
Narrated by Michael Ferraiuolo
Length: 14 hrs and 7 mins

Buy Links
Audible UK
Audible US 

My Two Pennies Worth

I think one of the reasons I can't really connect with MPREG books as a whole is less to do with the male pregnancy thing and more to do with the why. The reader suddenly discovers a man is pregnant and there is no reason behind it, or just a perfunctory mention. Not so with this book. Leta Blake has given us a whole well built backstory on the world and why male pregnancy is necessary (there are literally no female humans, due to THE GREAT DEATH). Making Jason a student was a stroke of genius because it allowed her to have a reason to introduce the world-building information without it appearing as info dumps.

Jason was a sweetheart and Vale too independent (which was good) and full of self loathing (which was understandable). I didn't like Urho (until I did--you'll know when). In fact the whole group, including the cat, were great as an ensemble cast.

When I read the book I cried ugly tears in this one several times. I thought my heart would be ripped out when I read about Xan (Jason's best friend) and the last 20% of the book had me in tears almost constantly. Because I knew what was coming you'd think I've been prepared but I wasn't. I cried again at Xan and at a point near the end of the story (you'll know when it is).

This is my first book with Michael Ferraiuolo as narrator and I wasn't disappointed. He has a soft tone which suited this story perfectly. He also had an excellent range of voices and once assigned to a character they never faltered. 

The whole package was excellent.

Author Bio


Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake’s educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her day job, her writing, and her family.


Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/letablake

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LetaBlake

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/letablake

Website: https://letablake.wordpress.com





Hosted By Signal Boost Promotions

No comments:

Post a Comment