Monday 11 January 2016

Bip, Bip, Bip... Oops, I appear to have dropped off the radar

Happy New Year 2016 (23803545640)
By micadew from US (Happy New Year 2016) [CC BY-SA 2.0 
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Firstly, a very belated Happy New Year to you all.

Sorry I've not been around much for the first couple of weeks of the year. Hopefully I can make up for that over the next few weeks.

What had me distracted from blogging?

Well, to be honest, I think I was all blogged out from my A- Z of Christmas. That was an exhausting feat for me, researching and writing 25 blog posts over 25 days. During that time I didn't write a word that wasn't connected to a post, and my manuscript languished in that almost but not quite completed stage because of it.

Consequently, I took the time between Christmas and New Year to finish off the first draft of my WIP. This is the follow up story to Resonance and catches up with Rick and Mal several weeks after the weekend they first met. The manuscript is now with several beta readers brandishing red pens and I would normally spend the next few weeks taking a break from writing. However, one (or more) of the side characters wanted a story, and wanted it now, so I have already made a start on Book 2 (assuming Resonance is Book 0.5).

Anyway, enough with the excuses, I plan to make several posts over the next couple of weeks. Subjects may or may not included: wrapping up last years' reading recs, promo and reviews for New Lease of Life, reading plan for 2016, writing/publishing plans for 2016, I might even remember to take part in Rainbow Snippets one of these weekends.

See you all in a couple of days. I hope!

2 comments:

  1. I think since you were working on Rick and Mal's story, you get an automatic pass on not being around. ;)

    Hope the holidays were good to you and that you enjoyed your time with family and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd approve :D

      Great time, thanks. Food, family and fizzy ;)

      Delete