Friday 28 August 2015

Fiction Friday

This the rest of the post from last Friday and concentrates on my August reads.

Let's see what I've enjoyed...

Weight of Silence (Cost of repairs 3) by A. M. Arthur - Not my favourite of the series but the MCs were younger than I prefer to read. Consequently I could forgive some teenage dramatics. Still enjoyed being back in this series though.

Falling Away by Lisa Henry - First things first, this is a free read from the m/m romance group (the 2013 collection). Very short, bdsm, thrown straight into a sex scene. I should have hated this, but I didn't. In fact I loved it just a little bit.

Second Hand by Heidi Cullinan & Marie Sexton - Second visit to Tucker Springs. Really enjoyed this story, even though Paul had the ability to annoy in places. These author's work well together and I'd happily read more of their collaborations.

The Lonely Drop by Vanessa North - Another free read from the m/m romance group (2014 this time). Oh Nick, how many times did I want to slam my Kindle into your face? How could you be so blind, so oblivious. *Sigh* A beautiful story of pining, bittersweet with thoughts of all those wasted years, beautifully written.

Forbidden Broadway by Jonathan Penn - Free from 2015 m/m romance group event. Cute free short story. I had a couple of niggles (unnecessary journey descriptions are unnecessary) but nothing to stop my enjoyment of the story.

Full Exposure by Amy Jo Cousins - Another freebie from this year's group offerings. Spoilt rock stars aren't normally something that catch my attention. But lucky for me I didn't read the blurb on this. Thoroughly enjoyed this one.

All Man by Jay Northcote - “You’re the sleek little sports car to my Land Rover.” The tag line for this short story is just perfect. And this book is a sleek little sports car: small but perfectly crafted and designed to get your engine running.

Hopefully I'll have had the time to add the reads from the 21st to now to this list. I'm currently reading an anthology and have a couple of recs from that to offer up for your enjoyment.
edit: Still reading the anthology plus one other. You'll have to wait until September to find out what...







2 comments:

  1. Hmm maybe I should check out some of those free reads and DEF Jay Northcote :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're free so why not.
      And you liked Top Me Maybe? All Man is a sequel with a new pairing.

      Delete