Wednesday 13 May 2015

Snippet 2

Another snippet, this time for Meredith Russell, she of the mad cover art skills. (If you don't believe me just take a look at the cover for Theory Unproven and tell me it's not bloody perfect.)

So,  here's 12 lines from the 6th paragraph of p.57 of Lovers Entwined.

Meredith, I know you asked for a WIP and LE has been previously released, but it's in the process of being reissued and as you know I'm hoping you'll be having some input, so I thought I'd give you a little teaser.


“Thanks.” Trey looked as if he didn’t know whether to be insulted or amused. It appeared he was teetering on the side of the former. “Is that how you treat everyone who buys you dinner? No wonder you don’t have a boyfriend.”

Instantly regretting that he had allowed himself to reveal that snippet of information, Ewan responded shortly. “I found a photograph of Tristan.”

Ewan slipped a photograph from the folder and held it out to Trey. “He looks exactly like you, if you discount the ‘tashe and the military issue haircut. And the nose. Which is why I was asking. I wasn’t being rude.”

“Oh.” Trey studied the photograph, the move hiding his face in shadow. “I had a surfing accident when I was seventeen. The board flipped out from under me, caught the wave and smacked me in the face. Broke my nose and knocked me clean out. I was lucky I didn’t drown.”



Hopefully, there will be another snippet tomorrow. I won't promise because you know what a flaky blogger I am :)

2 comments:

  1. Wait Lover's Entwined is being REISSUED? Is it being REWORKED???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't we had this conversation? I got the rights back from EC a month or so ago and I've decided to have a stab at self publishing. Reissued, yes. Reworked, no. UK English spelling for US, that sort of thing. I'm currently doing a read through and have made myself cry, yet again, and I haven't even reached the letters yet!

      Delete