Wednesday 20 January 2016

With a Kick Wednesday - A Fiction Friday post for the hump day

With a Kick is a series of novellas/novels set in London and alternately written by Clare London and Sue Brown.

I read the first of these stories, A Twist and Two Balls by Clare London, at the end of November and promptly fell in love. With the idea, with the ice cream shop, with the secondary characters, and most importantly with the MCs, especially Nuri.

I moved on to read Nice and Snow in December. That meant jumping out of order but the story dealt with the same two MCs as in ATTB and if anything they were even more engaging the second time around.

Then in early January I finished off this series.

Hissed as a Newt by Sue Brown starts with a drunken clown rolling around in the gutter. Normally I hate clowns but Stan was a darling.

Slap and Tickle by Clare London is, as the name suggests, a kinky little offering and I loved Phiz and the way he lets his mouth run away with him.

Bells and Balls by Sue Brown. Not one but two rugby players. Anyone who has read my own books will know I have a soft spot for a man who can play rugby, so this one had my name written all over it :) Sweet, and we get to catch up with several of the other couples, plus it's Christmas to boot.

Pluck and Play by Clare London. A busking cowboy! Plus a real sense of a threat in this book made this one of my favourites in this series.

This is a great little series, full of a well-rounded cast of reoccurring characters, and plenty of British humour.

And there is another book coming in February *snoopy dance*

Plus if you pick these books up in January they are half price at ARe and Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment