Saturday 10 February 2018

Rainbow Snippets - 10th - 11th Feb



Rainbow Snippets is a Facebook Group that invites authors to post 6 sentences of their work each weekend. It can be from anything you like, your current WIP, a recent release, the golden oldie that even you had forgotten you had written, or just a scrap of an idea (as long as it has 6 coherent sentences). Nothing of your own work worth mentioning? How about a 6 sentence review of your favourite LGBTQ+ story.

A couple of lines from my WIP seems appropriate. You'll probably be reading a lot of this in the coming weeks. World War Two submarines anyone?

“I know it has been over a decade since you’ve needed me in an official capacity, but I like to think your father named me as your legal guardian for a reason, Zachary.” Charles scrubbed a hand over his short hair, the act ruffling strands that would normally be darkened to the colour of autumn leaves by Brylcreem. Grey hair, which previously had simply peppered his temples, showed in abundance amongst the auburn. Clearly visible now Zach chose to look, and serving as a reminder of nearly two decades age difference between them. Right now, slumped behind his desk, Charles looked every one of those nineteen years. All because of Zach’s actions.



Even though the book isn't ready and I have no cover and only a draft blurb, I've created a Goodreads entry, because one way or another this book will be released this year, and this should spur me on (especially if people actually add the book to their 'want to read' shelf).

Add it to your Goodreads bookshelf here.


6 comments:

  1. Oh, best wishes on publishing! This will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful description, making the last line a real kicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what he did to cause such upheaval...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well, that would be telling. Although I suppose I could share six lines that would hint at that...

      Delete