Friday 1 March 2019

Fiction Friday finds my favourite read of the year so far

Let's start this week with a new release, and possibly my favourite book of the year so far.


Wild as the West Texas Wind (Love Across Time #3)Wild as the West Texas Wind by Jackie North

This was an amazing slow burn, historical, time travel romance. The writing was vibrant with a true feeling of the Wild West. The plot was exciting and I found the pacing to be perfectly excruciating (you'll know what I mean if you read it) to the point where it broke me even while 'good things' were happening, because I knew 'bad things' were coming.
The relationship is just achingly beautiful and my heart broke over and over for Layton.

I'll definitely be reading again (and so wish I could get it in audio).

NB: One of the main characters from the previous book, Honey From the Lion, plays an important in this book, but the situation is explained completely in the text and it's not necessary to have read it. However, having read this, I will be going back to read the previous book

#slowburn #dualPOV #historical #hurtcomfort #timetravel



Hidden Hearts (Bad Valentine, #3)Hidden Hearts by Clare London


Oh my, this rom com is typical Clare London. It's funny, and irreverent. The characters are endearingly imperfect. Thrown into an awkward situation, things only get more awkward as each encounter goes disastrously wrong until you're rooting for the lads to finally get together.




Three Stupid WeddingsThree Stupid Weddings by Ann Gallagher

This is lovely. A relatively angst-free story about fake boyfriends and friends to lovers.

NB: There is talk of abusive relationships and eating disorders.

NB2: Both MCs are asexual to varying degrees. It was a pleasure to read about an asexual relationship where the main issue wasn't focused on why they don't want to have sex.


Downward Facing DreamboatDownward Facing Dreamboat by Bru Baker

Very cute, slow burn, short story. Really enjoyed it. Oh, and if the cover and the title wasn't enough of a clue, it's about yoga.

It's still a free read, here at Prolific Works. Just scroll down the page until you find the cover.





Undertow (Port Lewis Witches, #2)Undertow by Brooklyn Ray

I can't possibly 5 star these books because I'm reading with a constant sense of dread in the back of my mind. But if you like your fantasy dark and your romance even darker then these books are definitely for you.
This time it's Liam's POV. The story carries on from Darkling as Ryder and Liam's magic gets even more entwined. And dangerous.





View all my reviews








No comments:

Post a Comment