Wednesday 25 March 2020

New Lease of Life has been re-released!

I'm afraid I let New Lease of Life linger in the wilderness for several months after I requested my rights be returned from Dreamspinner. I won't go into my reasons why I questioned even re-releasing the book here. This is not the place for that. This is a joyful page.

I dusted off the old MS. Changed it all back to UK English. Took away that damn glossary that nobody except DSP saw the point of. And added a short epilogue.

For anyone that has the original version, the only real difference is the epilogue and I will be putting that out as a short freebie (watch this space) so that you can pick that up without buying again.

The book is currently available across the board. At some point I will probably put it into KU for a few months but not at the moment.

Universal Buy Link: https://books2read.com/newleaseoflife

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27973790-new-lease-of-life


Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/new-lease-of-life-by-lillian-francis-2020-03-18

The Book

There’s a fine line between independence and isolation.

Phillip used to laugh a lot, back when his friends called him Pip. However the good deed that left him hospitalised not only marred his body, it stripped him of his good humour too. Ever since, he has pushed his friends away and shut out the world. Donating his vintage clothing to a charity shop should have been the final act in a year-long campaign to sever the links with the man Pip used to be, but the stranger on his doorstep awakens feelings in Pip that he hasn’t experienced since the incident that left him angry at the world and reliant on the cold metal of the hideous hospital-issue crutch.

Colby forces his way into Pip’s life, picking at the scab of his past. Colby isn’t interested in Pip’s money or his expensive address. He has only one goal: to make Pip smile again.


With every moment in Pip’s presence, Colby chips away at the walls Pip has built around himself. Pip knows it’s impossible to fight his attraction with Colby’s sunny disposition casting light into the darkness in his soul. 



And I just want to send out a massive thank you to Paul Richmond who allowed me to keep his gorgeous cover. 

For anyone who may want a paperback copy I am working on that and will post new links when that is available. If you find a paperback copy at the moment, it belongs to DSP and I won't recieve any royalties for your purchase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment