Friday 11 December 2015

K is for

Kisses

The garden - 4 - Picture by Giovanni Dall'Orto, August 5 2012
By G.dallorto (Own work) [Attribution], via Wikimedia Commons


and Kinda finished

I've typed The End on my current WIP but, honestly, it isn't really finished. Before it can go off for the first round of beta reading I've got loads to do.
Those pesky sex scenes that are so far just line sketches need to be filled in and colour and life need to be added. 
While tackling the end I had an idea for a scene earlier in the story, but I've no idea if it will fit and I doubt if I'll know for sure until I've written it. 
There's some fact checking to do on both Muslim culture and plants.
I also need some names for side characters. Normally I wouldn't fret too much about side characters but this one might end up getting his own story so I need to get his name right.
And I need to put a name to the fictitious town that is closest to Slopy Bottom.

Any suggestions on those last two would be gratefully received.




9 comments:

  1. We quite often pass a sign for Upper Dicker which always makes me smile. As does Fletching...so close. Would Upper Bottom be too silly? Sounds like a proper English village name to me : )

    I always end up calling my characters the same thing! I've got four Johns and Two Wills right now, so I can't be much help in that department. I've resorted to looking at lists of popular names from the years around when the character was born for inspiration. That might help xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I actually been through Upper Bottom. That name seems like a contradiction to me :/

      Maybe keep a list of the character names you use and try not to repeat them.

      Delete
    2. Or popular programs that were on when they were born. I did that with Colby in New Lease of Life.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the lovely image to wake up too. ;) Very nice way to start the day.

    As for names, I'm horrible coming up with sensible names for anything. My one sad attempt at writing fanfic, I needed one character name, and it was actually my nephew who helped come up with it. We had just seen a production of Shakespeare's As You Like It, and he liked Rosalind's name, hence my Rosy username. So, umm.... good luck? I know, I'm no help. *g*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, isn't it. Some of the kisses were real 'sucking face' jobs! It was a toss up with another one but I might post on another day, if I can fit it into the alphabet.

      LOL. Thanks for being honest :D

      Delete
  3. WOO HOOOO yay for being ~almost finished :D Good for you :D

    And as I live across the pond, I'm not help for your questions LOL

    ReplyDelete