Monday 21 December 2015

U is for...

Umm

Okay I've got to admit this one has me at a loss. I thought it would be Z that screwed me over (not least because I'll have run out of days).

Unwrap

Undressing 7 - Picture by Giovanni Dall'Orto, August 19 2014
By G.dallorto (Own work) [Attribution],
via Wikimedia Commons
Hah! See, knew something would come to me if I sat here long enough. Although what I'm going to write about unwrapping I haven't a clue.

Are you a peeler?




Book20009
By Sara-Paceni (Own work)
[CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)],
via Wikimedia Commons











  Or a ripper?




Do you struggle wrapping presents?

I must confess to preferring gift bags these days. The initial outlay may be more expensive but at least they can be used to carry gifts home. And I'm not ashamed to admit to reusing any that I receive. My sister and I often play a game of reuse the gift bag, sending the same one back and forth until it is no longer suitable for its purpose. That's saving the environment, people, not 'oh shit I forgot the wrapping paper!'

And I'll leave you with one of my favourite holiday reads of last year.

Unwrapping Hank by Eli Easton

Sloane loves a good mystery. He grew up as the son of two psychiatrists, so he finds most people tediously easy to figure out. He finds his way to Pennsylvania State University, longing for a rural experience, and ends up being lured into joining a frat by Micah Springfield, the hippest guy on campus.

Nothing in Sloane’s classes is as intriguing as Hank Springfield, Micah’s brother and fellow frat house member. Hank looks like a tough guy—big muscles, tatts, and a beard—but his eyes are soft and sweet. He acts dumb, but he’s a philosophy major. He’s presumably straight, but then why does Sloane feel such crazy chemistry whenever Hank is around? And why does Hank hate Sloane so much?

When Sloane ends up stuck on campus over Christmas, Micah invites him to spend the holidays at their family farm in Amish country. It’s a chance to experience a true Americana Christmas--and further investigate the mystery that is Hank Springfield. Can Sloane unlock the secrets of this family and unwrap the heart hidden inside the beefcake? 


I gave this five stars and a squee-induced review that is of little help to anyone wanting any factual information. It's cute, funny, full of holiday spirit. *Side-eyes the pile of holiday reads still waiting on Kindle* Really want to read it again.

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, I don't think any of my presents will look like either of those this year. lol

    I just recently discovered Eli Easton, strangely enough through my nepehw! He called me one day and asked if I ever read anything by her because he found out she used to be involved in the company that created his all time favorite computer game. So of course, I had to check her books out. And yes, Unwrapping Hank is very much adorable. I love Hank and Sloane together. I was so happy to see more of them in Midwinter Night's Dream, which was also as adorable as could be. I've definitely been enjoying her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither!

      Yeah it says in her bio that she was involved in video games. Blame it on the Mistletoe is also a good Christmas read.

      Delete
  2. I loved Unwrapping Hank :D Recently just loved Midwinter Night's Dream.

    I wrap...and we save bows AND those gift bags until they are unusable...

    ReplyDelete